- a tax and policy friendly community
- accountable and competitive delivery of municipal services
- providing timely and relevant communication to the community-at-large through its website http://midlandcommunity.ca
Through its actions, “Midland Community.ca” strives to promote and influence fair taxes, efficient municipal services, sustainable growth and economic development. In short, maximizing Midland’s magic.
Guiding principles: Transparent, selfless, respectful, involved, supportive, constructive and responsive to community needs.
1) Understand and monitor the issues and opportunities confronting the town by attending council and other relevant meetings, and reporting on decisions made back to the community.
2) Help create greater transparency and accountability at the municipal government level.
3) Increase citizen/voter participation by making council more relevant to constituents.
4) Help maximize the urban node status opportunity through debate, knowledge and involvement.
5) Encourage neighboring communities to come together on those matters that will mutually benefit the parties i.e. shared services, urban node, economic development, etc.
6) Provide member resources to town and council, at no charge, to support those activities and initiatives that promote Midland’s full potential.
7) Conduct analyses on relevant issues and share results with members, the community, council and/or town staff, as appropriate.
8) Provide a forum that informs, and is informed by, the citizens of Midland on issues that affects the functioning and prosperity of the town.
Roy Ellis -- Ambassador
Stewart Strathearn -- Ambassador
George Dixon- Ambassador