Midland & District Business Women's Association (MDBWA) was formed in the early 90's to give business women of the area a place to network. Our aim is to support women in business by giving them a friendly, caring, supportive opportunity for growing their businesses.
We have women who own their own businesses, are employed by local businesses, are retired with lots of experience, and women who just enjoy the evenings out.
If you are looking for this kind of opportunity, please don't hesitate to contact any of the executive members for more information or visit our website at www.mdbwa.com. We look forward to seeing you at our monthly dinner meetings.
MDBWA Executive Directors
Objective of the Midland & District Business Women's Association...
The objective of the MDBWA is to offer networking opportunities and to gear activities towards personal and professional growth for members.
Become a Member
The ladies who currently belong to the Midland & District Business Women's Association (MDBWA) would like to extend an invitation to you. This invitation represents recognition of your work as a Woman in Business!
Our membership year is from September to August.
Regular Membership fees are $75.00 per year
Corporate Membership fees are $175.00 per year
(non-refundable and non-transferable).
Speaker & Dinner meeting costs: Member $35.00, Non-Member $45.00.
Policies & Procedures for the MDBWA
1. Membership is non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. We try to set our meeting registration deadlines to accommodate all members. If you book a dinner and can not attend, you must cancel by 1:00 pm on the Monday prior to the meeting. Please contact our Communications Director listed on the www.MDBWA.com website to cancel your reservation. NOTE: Should you have special dietary requirements, please contact us as soon as possible so we may accommodate your meal plan.
3. IF YOU FAIL TO CANCEL YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT OF YOUR DINNER. The Association is responsible for payment if not canceled in time. In the past the Association has absorbed the cost for this, but this is no longer the case. Thank you for your understanding. Please send payment for missed dinner to the Associations mailing address: P.O. Box 714, Midland, ON L4R 4P4.
4. Membership fees must be paid in full to be included in the Association Directory and advertising on the MDBWA website and ShopMidland.com affiliate site.
5. MDBWA meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month (unless otherwise posted). All the venues are listed on our website under "Events Calendar" at http://www.mdbwa.com/events. * You may also check out our MDBWA Association page on ShopMidland.com for ongoing events and news updates!
6. Networking and registration for monthly meetings start at 5:30 pm, dinner starts at approximately 6:30 pm, and the guest speaker will follow dinner. (Generally monthly events run until about 8:30pm.)