We're excited to bring our passion for growing nutritious, honest food to the residents of Simcoe County. Our focus is on our sustainable gardening practices and our organic growing methods.
- No pesticides or chemical fertilizers are used on any of our produce (or any of our land for that matter)
- We buy certified organic seed whenever available
- We maintain a sustainable growing cycle by making use of all the by-products of our farm (composted goat, chicken and duck manure as well as organic matter compost make great garden bed soil)
- We create raised garden beds wherever possible, so the soil can warm faster in the early spring – allowing us to start our growing season a bit earlier than a conventionally grown garden.
We value locally grown food, and want to share that food with our members. There is nothing better than the crunch of a freshly picked snow pea or cob of sweet corn.
Here is a general idea of what you can expect in your Veggie Box - by season:Spring - mixed salad greens, snow peas, sugar snap peas, radish, spring potatoes, spring onions, microgreens
Summer - mixed salad greens, zucchini & squash, tomato, garlic, green beans, onion, potato, carrots, sweet peppers, eggplant, herbs, hot peppers
Fall - mixed salad greens, snow peas, sugar peas, radishes, potatoe, onions, garlic, pumpkin, winter squash, herbs, sweet potato
HOW IT WORKS
Step 1: Choose a veggie box size that will suit your family
Step 2: Pay easily and securely using ShopMidland/PayPal (pay by Dec 1 to lock in extra savings)
Step 3: Pick up (or have delivered) your weekly box of freshly picked, local veggies
**Did you know that when you purchase a veggie box, you are buying 25 weeks of fresh produce? **
Here is a sample of the workshops we will be offering in 2011:
- rearing backyard chickens
- growing shiitake mushrooms
We also offer hands-on experiences:
- garlic planting
- shiitake log inoculating
- harvest parties
If you care about the food you eat, the food you feed your family then get involved! Contact us today to find out how.
||One moment please...
Taking too long?